Get Living Without's FREE Recipe of the Week
Delicious allergy-friendly recipes for you and your family
In a study of adults with celiac disease, long-term consumption of pure, uncontaminated gluten-free oats had no harmful effects, say researchers from Tampere University in Finland. They studied a group of celiac adults who had been eating oats on a daily basis for up to eight years. This daily intake didnt result in small-bowel mucosal damage, inflammation or gastrointestinal symptoms. In fact, the small-bowel mucosa looked better in those who had consumed oats in larger amounts or over a longer time period than in those who avoided oats altogether.
- Nutrient Know-How Subscribers Only
- Top 6 Supplements for Celiac Disease and Gluten Sensitivity Subscribers Only
- Nutritional First Aid Kit Subscribers Only
- Problems with Pollen Subscribers Only
- Gluten & Your Brain Subscribers Only
- Research Roundup: Drug Treatment, Medications, Anaphylaxis Treatment & More!
- Research Roundup: Rice is Safe, Intestinal Permeability, & More!
- Research Roundup: Allergic to Chalk, Gluten-Free Diet for IBS, & More!
- Research Roundup: Vitamin D, Food Allergy, Celiac Rash in Kids, and More!
- Research Roundup: Weight and Allergy, Adults with EE, Milk Allergy & More!