Get Living Without's FREE Recipe of the Week
Delicious allergy-friendly recipes for you and your family
Off the Bookshelf Traditional Chinese Medicine as Treatment for Food Allergies
Henry Ehrlich, co-author of Asthma Allergies Children: A Parents Guide and editor of AsthmaAllergiesChildren.com, has been exploring the work of Xiu-Min Li, MD, and her use of traditional Chinese medicine to treat people with food allergies. Li has developed Food Allergy Herbal Formula-2 (FAHF-2) at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York, where she is professor of pediatrics, allergy and immunology. Ehrlich recently penned a book exploring Lis research, Food Allergies: Traditional Chinese Medicine, Western Science, and the Search for a Cure. He spent months interviewing Li and her colleagues and poring over her published papers to tell the story of FAHF-2. Here, he talks with Living Without and shares insight into what he has learned about this pioneering work.
- Research Roundup: Safety of Oats, Fibromyalgia, IBS and Celiac
- Nutrient Know-How Subscribers Only
- Top 6 Supplements for Celiac Disease and Gluten Sensitivity Subscribers Only
- Nutritional First Aid Kit Subscribers Only
- Problems with Pollen Subscribers Only
- Gluten & Your Brain Subscribers Only
- GMO Ingredients Subscribers Only
- Research Roundup: Drug Treatment, Medications, Anaphylaxis Treatment & More!
- Frenzy Over Fish Oil Subscribers Only
- Research Roundup: Rice is Safe, Intestinal Permeability, & More!