Get Living Without's FREE Recipe of the Week
Delicious allergy-friendly recipes for you and your family
Gluten-Free Cover Star Cake
MAKES 1 CAKE with cake leftover
Here's what you'll need to make our star cake. Double this recipe for three cakes.
2 (15-ounce) gluten-free chocolate cake mixes*
4 graduated star cookie cutters
❧ Confectioner's sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare chocolate cake mixes according to instructions on package. Spoon batter into a lightly oiled 11x17-inch sheet pan that is at least 1 inch deep.
3. Bake 28 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool cake completely.
4. Cut cake into star shapes using graduated-size cookie cutters. Use the largest cutters you can find that fit your sheet pan. (We used 4 cookie cutters, ranging in size from 3 inches to 7½ inches.)
5. Sprinkle cake stars with sugar and arrange on a serving plate from largest to smallest. To prevent cake from shifting, place a dollop of frosting between the layers. Decorate top as desired.