Simple Avocado Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
SERVES 10 TO 12
These make-in-one-bowl cookies are a simple solution for busy days. Pack them in a lunch box for a special treat. This recipe works best with a very ripe avocado. Quick-cooking oats may be substituted for a softer cookie.
½ cup brown sugar, packed
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 tablespoons grape seed oil or oil of choice
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
½ cup pureed avocado (1 medium avocado)
2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned oats
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup raisins
1. In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, vanilla, oil and water with a fork. Add applesauce and avocado. Stir together until well combined.
2. Add oats and salt. Toss entire mixture together to coat the oats. Stir in raisins. Let batter sit 15 minutes. The oats and raisins will soak up some of the moisture.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
4. Re-mix batter to ensure that all ingredients are incorporated.
5. Use a tablespoon or small-medium cookie scoop to form the cookies and put them on prepared cookie sheet with space in between.
6. Place in preheated oven and bake 16 minutes until lightly browned.
Each serving (2 cookies) contains 175 calories, 7g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 2g protein.