Get Living Without's FREE Recipe of the Week
Delicious allergy-friendly recipes for you and your family
Kids and Allergies
Chocolate Raspberry Candy
MAKES 22 PIECES
My husband and I have a friendly debate over whether these healthy treats are candies or cookies. There’s no debating that they’re delicious.
1 (10-ounce) jar raspberry preserves with no added sugar
5 soft pitted Medjool dates
5 soft pitted dried plums (prunes)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
¼ cup coconut flour
2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut + 1 cup for coating
1. Preheat oven to 170°F. Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
2. In a food processor with the metal blade, puree raspberry preserves, dates, dried plums and vanilla.
3. Add cocoa powder and coconut flour and process until pureed.
4. Add shredded unsweetened coconut and process until pureed.
5. Using wet hands or a ¾-ounce (size 40) scoop with a lever, shape the dough into balls.
6. Wet your hands and use your palms to flatten the balls to about ½ inch thick. Then roll them in shredded coconut.
7. Put candies on prepared baking sheet. Place in preheated oven and bake 60 minutes.
8. Let candy cool to room temperature. Then refrigerate for several hours to set. Store in the refrigerator for firm candies, on the counter for softer.