Gluten-Free Plum Barbecued Baby Back Ribs
SERVES 6 TO 8
These juicy, melt-in-your-mouth ribs are perfect for summer Grilling. The key to success is to cook them slowly at low temperature, allowing the dry rub to tenderize the meat. After coating the ribs with rub, refrigerate them overnight to let the flavors settle in. Then roast the ribs in a 200-degree oven for four hours and finish them on the grill, brushed with the Plum Sauce.
3 tablespoons allspice
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon dry mustard
6 pounds pork ribs
1. Prepare dry rub by combining all ingredients, except the ribs, in a medium bowl. Stir until thoroughly blended.
2. Using hands, massage dry rub on both sides of the ribs until they’re evenly coated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
3. Place ribs on a sheet pan and bake in 200-degree oven for 4 hours. Remove ribs from oven and cool slightly.
4. Heat grill to medium or medium-high.
½ cup plum jam
½ cup distilled white vinegar
½ cup ketchup
¼ cup honey
2 tablespoons minced garlic
4 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon minced sweet onion
½ cup plum wine
1. Combine all ingredients, except plum wine, in a saucepan over medium heat until sauce boils.
2. Add plum wine and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.