Get Living Without's FREE Recipe of the Week
Delicious allergy-friendly recipes for you and your family
MAKES ABOUT 17 COOKIES
Monster cookies are typically made with peanut butter, wheat flour, candy, oats and eggs. This version uses crunchy sunflower seed butter, coconut flour, dairy-free and soy-free chocolate chips, shredded coconut and an egg substitute (ground chia seeds), proving that almost anything can be made allergy-friendly and healthy.
2 tablespoons ground chia seeds or flax meal
¼ cup coconut flour, sifted
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
1 cup crunchy sunflower seed butter
½ cup full-fat canned coconut milk
¼ cup honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
2. In a bowl, whisk together ground chia seeds, coconut flour, sea salt, coconut and chocolate chips.
3. In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to combine sunflower seed butter, coconut milk, honey and vanilla.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and blend with an electric mixer.
5. Using a tablespoon, drop cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Wet your hands and use your palms to flatten each cookie to about 2¼ inches wide. Cookies can be placed fairly close together as they will spread only slightly.
6. Place in preheated oven and bake 20 minutes or until cookies begin to brown around the edges. Cool completely on the cookie sheet before removing. (Cookies are too fragile to handle when they’re warm.)