Get Living Without's FREE Recipe of the Week
Delicious allergy-friendly recipes for you and your family
Grilled Scallion Bread
MAKES 4 PIZZAS
2½ cups white rice flour
½ cup tapioca flour
½ cup potato starch
3½ tsps xanthan or guar gum
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp salt
3 tsps active dry instant yeast
1⅓ cups warm water
2 large eggs
3 TBs vegetable oil
⅓ cup finely chopped scallions
3 TBs sesame oil
1 tsp coarse salt
2 TBs finely chopped scallions
1. Mix together dry ingredients. In separate bowl, combine the warm water, eggs and 3 tablespoons oil.
2. Add dry and liquid ingredients. Using a heavy duty mixer, beat mixture for three minutes on high speed.
3. Fold in ⅓ cup scallions. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface (sprinkled with rice flour) and knead for 2-3 minutes.
4. Lightly oil a sheet of plastic wrap. Place dough in the center of the plastic wrap.
5. Cover completely with plastic and roll dough into an 8-inch log.
6. Cut into 4 even pieces. Roll each piece into an 8-inch circle. If dough is sticky, roll it between 2 sheets of oiled plastic wrap.
7. Let dough rise for 1 hour in a very warm place.
8. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush with topping mixture.
9. Set on baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.