Get Living Without's FREE Recipe of the Week
Delicious allergy-friendly recipes for you and your family
Gluten-Free Bread Crumbs
MAKES 1 CUP
Your favorite homemade gluten-free bread makes ideal bread crumbs for special dishes. Store crumbs in the freezer and use when needed.
2 thick slices gluten-free bread or 1-2 gluten-free rolls
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons dried herbs (parsley, basil, thyme or combination), optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut bread into chunks and pulse in a food processor until coarse crumbs form.
3. Place crumbs in a small bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and herbs, if desired.
4. Spread evenly on prepared baking sheet and bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
5. Store crumbs in an airtight container for 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer.