Get Living Without's FREE Recipe of the Week
Delicious allergy-friendly recipes for you and your family
Blueberry Cobbler Cake
SERVES 6 to 8
Fresh blueberries make this picnic favorite extra moist and flavorful, in addition to adding fiber and antioxidants. This cake travels well.
1½ cups gluten-free self-rising flour blend
1½ cups sugar, divided
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 cups fresh blueberries
1 lemon, zest and juice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup melted shortening or oil
1 teaspoon Egg Replacer, whisked into 2 tablespoons water
¾ cup warm milk of choice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9-inch cake pan
2. In large bowl, mix together flour, ¾ cup sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
3. Put blueberries into prepared cake pan. Sprinkle lemon zest and juice over the berries. Then sprinkle cinnamon over berries.
4. Combine melted shortening, beaten egg substitute, warm milk and vanilla. Whisk into dry ingredients until combined. Spoon batter evenly over blueberries.
5. Mix together cornstarch and remaining ¾ cup sugar and drizzle over cake batter. Pour boiling water over the top.
6. Bake on middle rack of preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Let cake sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.