Get Living Without's FREE Recipe of the Week
Delicious allergy-friendly recipes for you and your family
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 20 3-Inch Cookies
These chewy gluten-free, dairy-free, Egg-free Chocolate Chip Cookies are delicious for any occasion. For added nutrients and flavor variation, replace the chocolate chips with chopped dried fruit.
1¾ cups + 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour blend of choice (or see recipe below)
2 tablespoons golden flax meal
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup Spectrum organic shortening or butter or margarine of choice
¾ cups packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1½ teaspoons tapioca syrup or lecithin
¼-⅓ cup water
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips*
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
2. Mix together flour blend, flax meal, baking powder and baking soda.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together shortening and sugars. Add vanilla and tapioca syrup and blend.
4. Add flour mixture and enough water until dough comes together. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Drop dough by the tablespoon about 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes for chewy cookies, longer for crisp cookies. Cool slightly before transferring onto cooling rack. Store in an air-tight container.
*TIP Gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips are available at www.enjoylifefoods.com.
Makes 9½ cups
2 cups super-fine brown rice flour
1½ cups sweet rice flour
2 cups cornstarch
1 cup chickpea or garfava flour
1 cup tapioca starch
2 cups sorghum flour
Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate in an air-tight container until used.