Get Living Without's FREE Recipe of the Week
Delicious allergy-friendly recipes for you and your family
These gluten-free, dairy-free bars are packed with protein. Store them at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
1 cup gluten-free quick oats
½ cup puffed rice, chopped fruit or raisins
3 tablespoons brown rice protein powder
1 tablespoon coconut sugar
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons creamy seed or nut butter (sunflower, peanut, cashew, almond)
2½ tablespoons honey or agave nectar
2 tablespoons coconut nectar or brown rice syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with waxed or parchment paper.
2. Mix together oats, puffed rice, brown rice protein powder, coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Place seed butter, honey and coconut nectar in a saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture boils. Boil for 1 minute. Then remove from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in vanilla.
4. Pour warm mixture over dry ingredients and stir well.
5. Pour mixture evenly into prepared pan and compress. Do this by placing a sheet of waxed or parchment paper on the batter and pressing down firmly. Then place an empty 9x5-inch loaf pan on the paper and put a heavy weight in the empty pan. Press down hard with your hands. Put pans (with weight) in the refrigerator for about 1 hour. Cut into bars.
Each serving contains 141 calories, 4g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 11g sugars, 6g protein, 13Est GL
Recipe adapted from GoneAlpine.com. Reprinted with permission.