Get Living Without's FREE Recipe of the Week
Delicious allergy-friendly recipes for you and your family
Gluten-Free Glazed Roasted Turkey
MAKES ONE 10- to 16-POUND BIRD
Low and slow are the secrets to making this turkey. Roasting at 325°F produces a beautiful golden-brown outside and juicy, succulent meat inside. The stuffing can be cooked in the bird with extra stuffing baked separately, or all the stuffing can be baked ahead, leaving the turkey to cook in less time.
1 (10-16 pound) fresh or frozen gluten-free turkey
Makes 6 tablespoons
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 tablespoons coarse sea salt (less if watching sodium intake)
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
½ teaspoon dry mustard
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons maple syrup
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
2. Prepare your favorite gluten-free holiday stuffing.
3. Stuff turkey loosely with gluten-free dressing. Truss bird or cover stuffed cavities with aluminum foil to prevent burning.
4. Preheat oven to 325°F.
5. Prepare Glaze by combining maple syrup, olive oil and cider vinegar. Brush over turkey.
6. Set turkey in preheated oven and bake according to package instructions until meat thermometer registers 165°F in the thickest part of the thigh. Baste* frequently.
7. Remove turkey from the oven and let stand 20 minutes before carving. Remove stuffing to a serving dish and slice turkey.
Each 4-ounce serving of white meat (without skin) contains 153 calories, 1g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 94mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 34g protein.
Each 4-ounce serving of dark meat (without skin) contains 183 calories, 5g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 127mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 33g protein.
Recipe by Living Without food editor Beth Hillson.