Get Living Without's FREE Recipe of the Week
Delicious allergy-friendly recipes for you and your family
Dairy-Free Peach Spinach Smoothie
Drinking your veggies never tasted so good. Spinach and broccoli may seem like odd smoothie ingredients, but don’t be afraid–the blender chops them into tiny pieces and the sweetness from the peaches and honey helps subdue any “earthy” vegetal flavor.
2 cups unflavored hemp milk, rice milk or milk of choice
-Juice of ½ lemon
2 tablespoons honey
1 cup packed baby spinach
1 cup broccoli florets
3 tablespoons fresh chopped mint
2 tablespoons hemp seeds
1 large peach, pitted and sliced, preferably frozen
1. Place all ingredients into a blender container in the order listed.
2. Blend until smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes. Divide between 2 serving glasses.
Each serving contains 279 calories, 11g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 8g protein.
- Swap out hemp seeds for raw sesame or sunflower seeds.
- Add green punch with kale instead of spinach.
- Replace the peach with frozen strawberries or mango.