Get Living Without's FREE Recipe of the Week
Delicious allergy-friendly recipes for you and your family
Dairy Free Coconut Avocado Smoothie
Bursting with tropical flare, avocado gives this fresh-tasting smoothie a creamy richness and plenty of heart-healthy monounsaturated fat.
1 cup coconut water
1 cup coconut milk, (carton, not canned)
-Juice of ½ lime
2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
1 tablespoon honey
-Pulp of 1 ripe avocado
1 cup frozen mango cubes
-Dash of salt
½ teaspoon lime zest
1. Place all ingredients, except lime zest, into a blender container in the order listed.
2. Blend until smooth. Add additional coconut water if the smoothie is too thick for your liking. Divide between 2 glasses and garnish with lime zest.
Each serving contains 304 calories, 17g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate, 10g fiber, 4g protein.
- Replace mango with cubed pineapple.
- Try fresh chopped mint in lieu of basil.
- Sweeten with agave syrup instead of honey.