Get Living Without's FREE Recipe of the Week
Delicious allergy-friendly recipes for you and your family
Cranberry Apple Bread
SERVES 8 TO 12
Tart apples and colorful red cranberries marry for delicious flavor in this recipe. For extra color, sprinkle 3 to 4 additional tablespoons of chopped cranberries over the batter right before baking. Mini-loaves make delicious homemade gifts. This recipe makes one 8½x4½-inch loaf or two 5½x3-inch mini-loaves or 24 mini-muffins.
1 recipe Coconut Oat Bran Bread
½ cup unflavored milk of choice (NOT ¾ cup)
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
¾ cup chopped fresh cranberries or ½ cup dried cranberries, rolled in gluten-free flour
1 cup toasted seeds or roughly chopped nuts, toasted, optional
½ cup finely diced dried apples, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease one 8½x4½-inch loaf pan or two 5½x3-inch mini-loaf pans. Alternatively, place liners in a 24-count mini-muffin pan.
2. Prepare Coconut Oat Bran Bread batter through step 3.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together ½ cup milk and applesauce until thoroughly blended. Add to Coconut Oat Bran Bread batter and fold with a silicone spatula until all ingredients are just combined. Fold in cranberries and other optional ingredients, if using.
4. Scrape batter into the prepared pan(s) or scoop about 2/3 full into mini-muffin pans.
5. Place in preheated oven. Bake 8½x4½-inch loaf pan 30 minutes and then rotate the pan for even baking. Bake an additional 20 to 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out without crumbs. Bake mini-loaf pans 30 minutes and then rotate the pans. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out without crumbs. Cool loaves in the pan 5 minutes. Transfer loaves to a rack and cool completely. Bake mini-muffins 13 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out without crumbs. Cool in pan a few minutes and transfer to a rack to cool completely.