Get Living Without's FREE Recipe of the Week
Delicious allergy-friendly recipes for you and your family
Cherry Ice Cream
MAKES 1 QUART
Reminiscent of cherry cordials, this ice cream (shown on our cover) contains pure extracts that make the flavor really pop.
2 cups pitted Bing cherries, divided
1 (13-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
1¼ cups unsweetened vanilla hemp milk
½ cup honey
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon almond extract or amaretto extract
½ teaspoon guar gum, optional
1. Finely chop 1 cup pitted cherries and set aside.
2. Place remaining 1 cup pitted cherries and all other ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
3. Refrigerate mixture until it’s cold or place it in the freezer for 1 hour.
4. Pour cold mixture into an ice cream machine and process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
5. When ice cream is soft-serve consistency, add remaining chopped cherries and process.
6. Serve ice cream straight from the machine. For pretty scoops, freeze ice cream until it’s hard. Then allow it to thaw on the counter for about 20 minutes before serving.