Get Living Without's FREE Recipe of the Week
Delicious allergy-friendly recipes for you and your family
Carrot Ginger Smoothie
Here’s a smoothie that Bugs Bunny would love. Carrot contains a surfeit of beta-carotene, an antioxidant converted to vitamin A in the body which benefits bone, eye and immune health. Ginger, allspice and tahini (sesame paste) are the surprising flavor boosters in this recipe.
2 cups coconut water
1 medium carrot, chopped
1 whole orange, peeled
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon tahini
¼ teaspoon allspice
1 frozen chopped banana
1. Place all ingredients into a blender container in the order listed.
2. Blend until smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes. Divide between 2 serving glasses.
Each serving contains 217 calories, 4g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, 5g protein.
- Replace carrot with 1 cup cooked and cooled chopped sweet potato or canned pumpkin.
- Use sunflower seed butter instead of tahini.
- Swap out the banana for mango cubes.