Get Living Without's FREE Recipe of the Week
Delicious allergy-friendly recipes for you and your family
Bean Flour Wraps
1¼ cups chickpea flour*
1 cup arrowroot flour*
1 cup tapioca flour*
3 teaspoons xanthan gum
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2¼ teaspoons instant yeast
1 cup + 2 tablespoons warm water
¼ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup honey
1. Blend dry ingredients together.
2. Combine liquid ingredients and add to dry. Beat until smooth.
3. Coat surface of a sheet of aluminum foil with vegetable spray. Scoop about ¼ cup of dough onto center of foil. Cover with a piece of oiled plastic wrap and press into a thin circle of dough. Make the dough as thin as possible without creating holes in it.
4. Lightly oil the surface of a griddle or skillet and preheat on medium for 2 minutes.
5. Remove plastic from dough and flip onto center of skillet or griddle. Press gently so that all parts of the dough are touching the hot pan. After 1 to 2 minutes, the foil will easily pull away and you can remove it.
6. Let dough cook another 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Then flip and cook another 2 minutes.
7. Remove to a platter and repeat until remaining dough is used up.
Each wrap contains 200 calories, 6g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 53mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 4g protein.
This recipe can be used to make hamburger rolls. Mix the ingredients as instructed. Then scoop the dough into lightly oiled muffin pans. Smooth the tops with oiled plastic wrap and let rise for 20 minutes. Bake in a 375-degree oven for 15 minutes until done.