Get Living Without's FREE Recipe of the Week
Delicious allergy-friendly recipes for you and your family
MAKES 12 3-INCH COOKIES
Who doesn’t love a great snickerdoodle? Slightly cakey, these cookies will satisfy the cookie monsters in your family. Enjoy them as cookies or use them to sandwich Snickerdoodle Filling and make 6 Snickerdoodle Whoopie Pies.
1 recipe Vanilla Soft Cookie batter
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Prepare 1 batch Vanilla Soft Cookie batter (page 48). Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon to batter and stir well.
3. Using a ¼-cup ice cream or cookie scoop, carefully place 6 mounds of batter on each baking sheet, making each one circular in shape (about 2½ to 3 inches across). Using a clean, wet finger, smooth batter and flatten just slightly. Cookies will spread while baking.
4. Place 1 baking sheet at a time on the center rack in preheated oven. Bake about 6 minutes and rotate pan. Bake about 5 to 7 minutes more or just until edges start to look slightly golden. Cookies will barely have any color but a toothpick should come out clean. Repeat with the other baking sheet. Let cookies cool for a minute on the pan. Then carefully remove to a rack to cool.
5. Place a cookie sheet or parchment paper underneath rack. Blend remaining cinnamon with powdered sugar. Using a mesh strainer, sprinkle cinnamon and powdered sugar mixture over each cookie.