Get Living Without's FREE Recipe of the Week
Delicious allergy-friendly recipes for you and your family
MAKES ABOUT 16 PIECES
Fudge is an indulgence usually reserved for those who eat dairy—until now!
1 cup water
½ cup coconut sugar
½ cup soft pitted Medjool dates (about 8 dates)
1 (16-ounce) jar coconut butter, melted (not coconut oil)
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon ground decaf coffee, optional
1. Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with unbleached parchment paper. Paper should cover the bottom and go up the sides. Pinch corners to help the paper stay in place.
2. In a small saucepan, heat water over medium heat. Add coconut sugar and stir until sugar is just dissolved. Turn off heat.
3. Place sugar water and dates into the container of a food processor with the metal blade attachment. Process ingredients until smooth.
4. Add melted coconut butter, cocoa powder, vanilla and ground coffee. Process until smooth.
5. With a flexible silicone spatula, transfer fudge to prepared dish, spreading it evenly to edges. Refrigerate to set. Cut fudge into bite-size pieces and serve.