Get Living Without's FREE Recipe of the Week
Delicious allergy-friendly recipes for you and your family
Cinnamon-Raisin English Muffins
MAKES 8 MUFFINS
This recipe is adapted from one by CIA graduate Dave DeCesare, chef/baker at Taste Budd’s Café in Red Hook, New York.
1¼ cup plus 2 teaspoons potato starch
¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
½ teaspoon guar gum
2 teaspoons salt
¾ teaspoon instant dry yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
1 large egg
1½ cups milk* of choice, warmed
4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted, or oil of choice
⅓ cup dark raisins
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees (400 degrees convection).
2. Combine potato starch, brown rice flour, guar gum, salt, dry yeast and sugar in large mixing bowl.
3. In separate bowl, combine egg, milk and butter.
4. Blend wet into dry ingredients and combine until smooth.
5. Thoroughly mix in raisins. Gently swirl in cinnamon.
6. Scoop dough into well-sprayed muffin tins or English muffin rings.
7. Allow to proof for 30 to 45 minutes.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until done.