Get Living Without's FREE Recipe of the Week
Delicious allergy-friendly recipes for you and your family
Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
MAKES 12 COOKIES
If you’re a fan of coconut and chocolate, this recipe is for you. Finely shredded coconut and mini-chocolate chips are baked right into the cookies. Dust tops with a little unsweetened cocoa.
1 recipe Vanilla Soft Cookie batter
¼ cup mini-chocolate chips or dairy- free, allergy-friendly chocolate chips
¼ cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut, lightly toasted
1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Prepare 1 batch of Vanilla Soft Cookie batter
3. Stir in mini-chocolate chips and shredded toasted coconut with a silicone spatula.
4. Using a ¼-cup ice cream or cookie scoop, carefully place 6 mounds of batter on each baking sheet, making each one circular in shape (about 2½ to 3 inches across). Using a clean, wet finger, smooth batter and flatten just slightly. Cookies will spread while baking.
5. Place 1 baking sheet at a time on the center rack in preheated oven. Bake about 6 minutes and rotate pan. Bake about 5 to 7 minutes more until a toothpick comes out clean. Repeat with the other baking sheet. Let cookies cool for a minute on the pan. Carefully remove to a rack to cool.
Each cookie contains 213 calories, 9g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 20mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 14g sugars, 2g protein, 21Est GL.