Melt-in-Your-Mouth Sugar Cookies

These beautiful cookies are tasty, moist and tender. A family favorite, they’re sure to disappear quickly.

Read the Full Article

Explore our rich collection of content by joining the discussion about particular articles here.

Melt-in-Your-Mouth Sugar Cookies

Postby noreenpsk » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:50 am

Has anyone made these cookies using the egg free recipe? They came out terrible. When cooked for 10 min at 350 they spread out, melt together and become flat. When they cool a bit you have to scrape them off the pan and they are NOT cookies. The next batch I lowered the temp to 325 and watched and they started to melt apart at 5 mins so I pulled them out. They were not baked but they still looked like cookies. When they cooled enough to move them they were very soft, not crispy like a sugar cookie. When totally cooled I ate one. Tasted like greasy, sugary dough, so I guess they melted in my mouth. Gross...don't make the egg free version or you will be mad that you tripled the recipe and wasted ingredients/money and had crappy cookies to serve to little kids the next day at a birthday party.
> noreenpsk