Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Indian Lentil Crepes

Made with lentils, hese savory crepes, similar to Indian pesarattu, are sturdy enough to use as sandwich wraps. Short on ingredients - they're basically just lentils and rice - and long on nutrition, they're rich in protein and fiber. To store, refrigerate up to four days.

Read the Full Article

Explore our rich collection of content by joining the discussion about particular articles here.

Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Indian Lentil Crepes

Postby Mike Breslau » Fri May 28, 2010 2:40 pm

I followed this recipe EXACTLY.
No matter what I tried, no matter how I fudged it, I couldn't get anything that looked like a crepe, tasted like a crepe, or even held together like a crepe. I did get a lot of flat, burned, mushy messes that went straight into the disposal.

Do I have to have an Indian mother in order to make this recipe, or is there some instruction omitted that I'm supposed to intuit?

Color me disappointed.
Mike
> Mike Breslau

Re: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Indian Lentil Crepes

Postby Hungry in Newton » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:20 pm

I am not having great luck with this recipe either. I used two different pans, the first using grape seed oil, then after I was unable to remove the crepe from the pan, I used another pan with coconut oil but with the same bad results. Any ideas on either (1) how to get these NOT to stick to the crepe pan, or (2) how to make something else (healthy ideas only) with the batter?

I have to note to Mike that the consistency of my batter is spongy and thick, more like a pancake batter. I might try to water it down more, but I am suspicious it may not be the solution.
> Hungry in Newton