Flaky Gluten-Free Buttermilk Biscuits

Also known as baking soda biscuits, these buttery morsels are delicious on their own or can be used to make the perfect gluten-free strawberry shortcakes.

Read the Full Article

Explore our rich collection of content by joining the discussion about particular articles here.

Flaky Gluten-Free Buttermilk Biscuits

Postby ConnieB » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:14 pm

These biscuits look wonderful and I'm sure they taste as good as they look but I will not be making them. They are loaded with empty calories in the form of starches, white rice and bad fats. I am trying to improve my health as I am sure many of you are too so the recipes I want and will use must promote health but also I want them to look exceptional and taste fantastic. I don't want to hear," That's good for wheat free." Is this too much to ask?
Connie
> ConnieB

Re: Flaky Gluten-Free Buttermilk Biscuits

Postby Elgie » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:38 pm

These are wonderful. I made them as a special treat for my family. Everybody should cut down on bread to eat healthier, so each person only gets one - with strawberries. I guess I could use some buckwheat or bean flour or some other kind of healthier flour - but come on, they are biscuits.

I'd like to try making these without shortening, though. Could I just all butter, do you think?
> Elgie

Re: Flaky Gluten-Free Buttermilk Biscuits

Postby Glynna » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:15 am

My son has recently been put on a gluten free, casein free, egg free diet. He is a teenager and this diet has been quite a transition for him. Tonight the rest of the family wanted biscuits. So I took the extra time to make him these wonderful biscuits. He thought they were better than my regular biscuits and his smile was well worth the effort. The preparation was easy and the biscuits baked beautifully. The texture and taste were fantastic. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
> Glynna