GLUTEN-FREE FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
Adapted from original recipe Michael Allen
1 cup whole almonds (I use sliced almonds)
3/4 cp unsalted butter (plus some for greasing the pan)
1 cp sugar
4 lg eggs
1 tsp pure GF vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cp Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa
Confectioners sugar for garnish
Strawberries, sliced for garnish
1. Heat oven to 325. Grease a 6 inch round, springform cake pan.
2. Toast the slivered almonds until lightly browned. Finely grind the almonds into a flour-like consistency.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Slow add the almond flour and blend together. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing very well. Add vanilla and salt.
4. Add cocoa slowly, stirring gently by hand until well mixed.
5. Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 40 minutes or until firm to touch and toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cool cake to room temp and remove from pan.
7. Finely sift confectioners sugar over top of cake and deviate with sliced strawberries.
- > northwoodsceliac
- Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:25 pm