gluten free, tomato free, dairy free pizza?

gluten free, tomato free, dairy free pizza?

Postby tjhopedale » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:28 am

I am newly diagnosed and would dearly love to make some pizza. But what can I put on top?? No tomatoes and no dairy. I tried a HM pesto, pineapple and HM sausage and got some dairy-free mozzarella cheese, but it was awful! Is there something that is good on pizza???
> tjhopedale

Re: gluten free, tomato free, dairy free pizza?

Postby mylittlestar » Mon May 30, 2011 7:25 am

My son can't have any of these and much more. I was trying to use some tomato sauce subs and they never turned out well as a pizza sauce. Last time I tried a white garlic cream sauce, which turned out very well. Will write it in below. On top, had chopped red bell pepper, onions, mushrooms, canadian bacon and spinach. Actually turned out very well! I have used the Bob's Red Mill GF pizza crust mix and that has been pretty decent.

White Garlic Sauce

Melt together 1 T. safe margerine (used Fleischmann's unsalted) and 1 T. olive oil (or other safe oil) over medium heat. Add 1 clove of garlic (minced) and saute 30 seconds. Turn heat to low. Add 1/8 tsp of salt & pepper. Add rice flour to the butter mixture to make a roux, then add safe milk (I used approx 1.5 cups of hemp milk). I didn't measure the flour, just added enough to soak up the butter/oil mixture. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until thick.

Good luck!

Rhonda
> mylittlestar

Postby tjhopedale » Mon May 30, 2011 8:15 am

Thanks, Rhonda! I will try that - it sounds good!
> tjhopedale

Postby dinydeek » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:30 pm

Our dd has those allergies plus a corn allergy. We cannot use any Bob's or other pre blended mixes. But I make a gf pizza crust(king arthur has a good recipe on their website) I make "red sauce" with roasted red peppers- I roast the peppers and peel them. I cook them with onion,garlic, italian herbs till soft. I blend them to a sauce in the blender.
We cannot use any of the fake cheeses on the market or soy.. I make coconut milk yogurt cheese (strain the yogurt in cotton muslin) and mix it with chickpea tofu(for a little more texture) it will drain to the crumbly point in the fridge. I season it heavily with italian herbs.

Then put the pizza together. We make our own chickpea tofu pepperoni as well, and sometimes I will smoke a chicken and dice it on instead. (no beef or pork either)
> dinydeek